Wednesday, March 14, 2007

In Memoriam: Philips 37" Plasma R.I.P. :-(

I finally heard back from the Philips service centre about my Philips plasma TV that they've had in the workshop for THREE MONTHS NOW, and the news is not good.

Apparently not only has the power supply blown (I could've told them this) but the screen is knackered as well, and it would cost SR15,000 (just over £2,000) to repair. It's obviously not worth doing, as a new replacement would cost only a few hundred pounds, so I've told them to send it back to me as-is. I now have a new TV anyway so it looks like we'll just have to give the old one a good send-off when it returns.

Anyone any interesting ideas what to do with a broken 37" plasma TV?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have a broken one too - seems like the same problem - flucuations in power appear to "break" the screen. I first had this fixed under warranty and now it's happened again and the repair is in excess of what I can buy a new TV for - I won't buy philips again