Saturday, April 14, 2007

A174 late!

Well, I'm back home in Riyadh after a hectic few weeks, what with a two-week trip to the UK preceded by my nine-day trip to Salt Lake City for Novell's BrainShare conference.

I had a great time, but unfortunately I am now behind with my Open University course A174: Start Writing Fiction. There are just under two weeks to go in this twelve-week course, and I reckon I'm about two weeks behind on the coursework exercises.

The bit that really matters is the end of course assignment. That's the bit you get marked on, and also the bit with a firm deadline, so I'll make sure I hit that and get it in on time, even if it means leaving some of the later exercises to do in my own time after the course has finished.

Once it's all over I'll post some of my assignment work here too, and maybe you'll let me know what you think of it.

1 comment:

Jane Holland said...

Good luck with your assignment. I was thinking of doing the Creative Writing Level 3 (?) course next year, so I'd be interested to know how successful you think distance-learning for creative writing is. Currently I'm partway through A396, a level 3 course in advanced Classical Greek. So it's good to meet another OU blogger like myself. My blog for the A396 course is at http://janelearnsgreek.blogspot.com