Tuesday, October 17, 2006

An Apology

:-)

Dear reader,

I feel I must apologize for an error I made in the last post about the nonsensical slogans printed on children's garments in Riyadh's supermarkets. I listed my favourite as a pair of boy's pyjamas bearing the legend:

The Darkest
Three days old
Has trod fish smell


This is, of course, nonsense.

I returned to the supermarket last night (Karen sent me out to get chocolate), so thought I'd take advantage of the opportunity to do a little sanity checking by having a second look.

Of course I was mistaken and had not grasped the full text (perhaps I was the victim of some censorial shoulder-stitching). The correct slogan is:

The darkest hour is da
Are three days old
Black ox has trod fish smell

Glad to have cleared that up, and sorry for the confusion.

No comments: