Saturday, October 28, 2006

Techno-bargain / Sniffles

:-) ATC-D650
I owe my new cheap Taiwanese DVD player an apology. All of the so-called teething troubles I described earlier turned out to have been user (me) error. I think I must be getting old; I never used to make user errors. Anyway my slim, white "I-play-anything" DVD player is going from strength to strength. I can play discs of any region encoding, it's much faster and more responsive than my old one, I can toggle DVD subtitles on and off without interrupting playback, and I can display a slideshow of my photos on the TV just by sliding my SD memory card into the slot on the front. I've even got Dolby Digital 5:1 sound working.

I love it when a plan comes together! ...who can tell me where that saying comes from? (hint: it's from a '70s TV show).


:-( I'm dying!
I brought some kind of "lurgy" back with me from Abu Dhabi. It's either a cold or a fever, not sure which, because I can't remember which way the rhyme goes. Is it, "Starve a fever, feed a cold.", or, "Feed a fever, starve a cold."? Whichever way around it is, I've got the one you feed. I never seem to get the one you're supposed to starve...
Feeling down in the dumps. Got sniffles, sneezing, coughing, shivers. I think a medicinal whisky and an early night are on the cards.

No comments: