Monday, October 23, 2006

Eid Mubarak! / My Poor Feet!

:-) Holiday
Ramadan comes to an end and today we are now in the festival of Eid al-Fitr. Eid is the Islamic equivalent of Christmas in the Christian world, in that it is the most important festival in the religious calendar, so, "Eid Mubarak!" to a Muslim is like saying, "Merry Christmas" to a Christian. (the two festivals are completely different so it's not the best analogy, but you get my drift I'm sure).

The Embassy is closed for three days so we're taking the opportunity to go on a short break to a new Middle East destination: Abu Dhabi in the United Arab Emirates.

I will try to post here while I'm away but can't promise. In any case you can expect normal service to resume on Friday, when I'll tell you about the Abu Dhabi trip and post some pictures on Neal Of Arabia.

:-( New Shoe Blues
Bought a pair of Converse All-Stars shoes the other day - in a pathetic attempt to appear hip and with-it. They felt great when I tried them on in the shop, but since then have been rubbing my heels raw. Oh well, back to Hush Puppies...

No comments: