Monday, November 27, 2006

BJP

:-) I'm published!
A few weeks ago I submitted six images to the British Journal of Photography's website, for the Reader's Gallery, and the other day I received an email telling me they'd been accepted for publication! I'm chuffed to bits at having some of my photos published on their site. Here are the links:

Atomium
Barcelona sculpture
Wedding Chapel
Fishing Boats
Long-tailed boats
Fasting Buddha


:-( Close, but no cigar
I also entered the BJP Anual Photographic Award competition at around the same time. You had to submit a body of 20 - 30 photographs that could be considered a single body of work; in other words there had to be some kind of linking theme. The prize was a cash award plus having your work displayed in an exhibition in London., My photos were good but I took them from my existing collection rather than shooting something specially for the competition, so I didn't really throw my all into it, whereas there must have been hundreds of entries from professionals too. Needless to say, I didn't win.

No comments: